Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Polar Express Party


The Polar Express is one of our favorite Christmas movies. This year we decided to invite our kids to a Polar Express party. We served hot chocolate, cookies and popcorn.

I found a website that has free printable Polar Express invitations. I printed some off and punched a hole in the top corner. I tied ribbon around some tickets I had on hand. On the inside of the invitation I told them to wear their favorite pajamas, bring their blankets, pillows and the ticket on their invitation. Click HERE to get the free printable Polar Express invitations.


I made a ticket box out of a popcorn box that I glued red card stock to. I cut the ticket lettering out with my cricut machine. I had the kids put half of their ticket into the box before the movie and keep the other half. After the movie I pulled the tickets out of the box and read off the numbers on the tickets. They both won a Christmas bell.

After the movie we made Polar Express ornaments. I printed these ornaments from the same site that I got the invitations from. After the kids colored them I cut them out and then we glued them onto some card stock, glued glitter around them and tied some ribbon through the top.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

thanks for sharing...this is a great idea that i found a while back and bookmarked just for this season. i am going to do this with three of my first grade son's friends during the week before christmas when they are out of school! i can't wait.

sonia said...

Me ha encantado tu idea... Es también una de mis pelis favoritas de Navidad. La pondré en práctica en esas fechas.
Graciassssssssssssssssssssss!

Mary said...

Just found your blog and LOVE the Polar Express party idea. However, when I clicked on the link for the invitations the site was unavailable. Do you still have the site address? Thanks! Mary

Mary said...

I'm also looking for the invitations. The link doesn't work. Do you have a copy of the file you could email me? Thanks!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Me too! I'd love the invites! Love the idea too!

Taylor said...

Ohh my sixteenth birthday's coming up and I think this would be great for a couple of friends and I.. I also love the idea of giving them a Christmas ornament too. :) We all love movies, popcorn, hot chocolate... Can't wait! Man, I love having a winter birthday. Thanks for posting!

Alayna said...

Anyway I could get a link for the invitations??

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

THE LINK DOESN'T WORK FO THE INVIATIONS. COULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME THE LINK JALYSSA2002@AOL.COM
THANKS

Anonymous said...

THE LINK DOESN'T WORK FO THE INVIATIONS. COULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME THE LINK JALYSSA2002@AOL.COM
THANKS

P Jezek said...

Just discovered your idea on pinterest. So cute! Do you have the link for the invite? As other's have stated, it isn't working after all these years...

gma said...

Would love to have the invitation also, but as you know the link doesn't work. Email me trusselll@att.net

Shan Jonson said...

The aerial bulk of these loans was due to bodies alone advantageous fees anniversary ages and not advantageous bottomward the absolute principle. In 2005, 21% of loans were taken out to adjustment accomplished loans. This "cycle of debt" continues to advance aural ambiguous affairs and concise loans are generally acclimated generally in adjustment to adjustment antecedent ones. Whether demography out a payday accommodation or car appellation loan, a borrower will demand to accept a plan to pay off the debt in a reasonable bulk of time to accumulate the final bulk of the accommodation from skyrocketing.
www.usapaydayloanstore.com/chicago