Monday, February 23, 2009

An Oobleck Themed Storytime


I checked out a Bartholowmew and the Oobleck book from the library.



After I read my kids the story we made oobleck by mixing 1 cup of cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water and mixing in green food coloring. You can add more cornstarch to the mixture to make it thicker or more water to make it thinner. I gave them different sized containers, plastic frogs and army men to play with. It looks really messy but it washes up really quick and easy.



For the snack I mixed green food coloring with vanilla pudding to make an oobleck dessert. My kids loved this activity.

6 comments:

Bonny said...

Great idea! We love that green goo. Grayson has such a blast with it.

Violet and Thomas said...

Hi Jadi. My name is Violet. I got your blog address from my cousin. I totally love your blog!!!! I was wondering if I can put a link from my blog to yours. Please let me know if you have any qualms. Feel free to check out mine, it is nothing compared to yours though :0)

Thanks!!!!

Michie said...

I love oobleck - but I've never seen an oobleck dessert before. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

My pastor's wife used Pastachio pudding with her class. The powder is white but when you mix it with milk it turns green. Of course this could not be used with children who have nut allergies.

marko said...

One can get assets up to 200-1500 bucks. Understudies these days can profit reserves without agonizing their heads over their terrible financial assessments being checked. The assets can be used to meet a few costs while contemplating, for instance, educational cost charge, costs on nourishment and hotel, neighborhood travel, study visits et cetera. These understudies can't generally approach their guardians for assets as they are self ward. Cash Advance

MUSA77 said...

A brace of affiliations will accumulate attempting and advertise from you advantageous little absorption to this so I acquire accession bend if this happens. If you get melancholia accession hollers adjoin you acquire able them about your accusation admixture you accusation to fax and/or advanced them a animate it letter.Check Cashing