Thursday, October 1, 2009

General Conference Kits for Kids

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Twice a year we get to hear the leaders of our church speak during General Conference. I always look forward to these conferences. I love the spirit that it brings into our home.

Did you know that you can print a free conference activity packet for kids online? I love these packets! I wish they would have made them when I was growing up. They are such a great way to get kids excited for and involved in General Conference. Click HERE for the current conference packet.

For my kids I printed the bingo game, coloring pages, mazes, and crossword puzzles. I put some skittles in a bag for the bingo game and added enough snacks and drinks for my kids to have one of each during every session. I got the baskets from the Dollar Tree. These were really quick and easy to put together. My kids are both excited to get them on Saturday.

If you are not a member of the church and would like to learn more about it then watching General Conference is a GREAT way to find out more! They are always uplifting and inspiring.

You can watch conference live online at lds.org, click HERE to go to the site. click HERE to see the broadcast schedule.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fantastic resource!! THanks so much we will be using them!!!

Small fry & Co. said...

really cute idea of putting it all together. I have seen the packets but I love the basket. I am like you and wish they had things like this when I was young.

Lin said...

What a great idea! I love that you used a little basket to put everything in :)

Mike and Shan said...

What a fantastic idea to dress up the packets. I have been using the packets for my kids, but I love how fun you have made them.

Really fantastic, thanks!!

Bonny said...

How fun! I've been trying to get inspired to do something cute like this for this weekend...so thanks for inspiring me! Hope you guys have a great conference weekend!

Jody said...

Cute basket idea! And I also love the packets that are found out there--really helps the kids!

Jonathan said...

oh that's a super idea! forget my kids, I'm making conference kits for Jasmin and I. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend!

The Ramsay's said...

i love these kits!! my mom used to bring out all the craft boxes for us to dig through and play with when we were younger! I love love love your idea though! Thanks:)

Leserlee said...

Just got an e-mail from my brother-in-law with the packet in it. My oldest is three, so there are only a few pages to keep her occupied, but I love this idea for next year or the year after, when my kids are a little older. And the basket is a cute idea. Thanks!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Super cute idea. I am going to have to come back for that one in the spring. Thanks for always sharing such great ideas!

rad6 said...

I have always done packets and we do a special menu, but I LOVE the snack basket idea. Fiing this one away for next year... too bad I hadn't blogged last week.

Room Mom 101 said...

I LOVE this idea! I have never thought to make a basket for each kid with snacks and drinks. I wish I had seen this in time for my kids for Conference. I guess the idea will have to wait until April. Thanks!!

Brittany said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Jed and Kera said...

I just found your site! YAY for a new blog to follow!! :O)

construction kits for kids said...

Wow! what a good bog it's really amazing, if you want to know about construction kits for kids then you can check it.

Aubrie said...

Hi! My name is Aubrie and I have a blog called A Mama B's Crafts & Recipes, and I just started a General Conference Idea Linky Party and would like to invite you to come join in and link up any crafts, recipes or ideas you have for General Conference :o)

http://amamab.blogspot.com/2011/03/conference-candy-coutdown-lei-linky.html

Thanks!

Aubrie @ http://amamab.blogspot.com/