I am taking my kids to the Annual Maryland Renaissance Festival this weekend. They will be attending a Pirate and Princess party. I wanted to make my daughter a flower head garland to wear to the party. This was a simple project that didn't take more then 5-10 minutes to complete.
Basic garland making instructions
If using fresh flowers :
1. Allow the flowers to stand in a preservative solution in a cool place for several hours.
2. Measure a piece of coiled floral wire to fit the size of the persons’ head. Coiled wire is best because it takes a circular shape. Allow a little extra at each end. Make a
hook and eye at the ends of the wire. Bind the wire with stem tape.
3. Wire and tape the individual flowers and leaves.
4. Tape the individual flowers and leaves to the taped wire.
5. Add ribbon streamers down the back.
To get detailed instructions with pictures click HERE.