Monday, December 15, 2008

Fragrant Cinnamon Ornaments

These are so easy to make and they smell wonderful. I love the scent that fills my home when I bake these. I buy cinnamon at the dollar store for these and double this recipe. My kids loved helping make these.

6 Tbsp. applesauce
10 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves

Mix together all ingredients to form a dough. If dough is dry, add more applesauce. Roll out dough to approximately 1/8" thick on a cinnamon sprinkled surface. Cut dough into desired holiday shapes using cookie cutters. Cut a hole in the top of each shape with a drinking straw or use a toothpick to make a hold large enough to thread a ribbon through for hanging.
Place shapes on a cookie sheet. Place in 150 degree oven or the lowest setting for two hours. Turn oven off and leave shapes in oven 5-6 hours or overnight. Tie ribbons through holes and use as ornaments or tie on packages.