Friday, December 5, 2008

Snickerdoodles

My kids always love helping me make snickerdoodles. Their favorite part is rolling the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. This is a great recipe. My son said if we entered these into a cookie contest we would win. My daughter told me I should share this recipe on my blog so other people can make these yummy cookies too. So here is the recipe!

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs

1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Using a mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
Mix together the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape in to 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light and golden. You don't want to over bake these. This recipe makes about 3 dozen.