Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids


I saw this idea on http://kidscraftweekly.com. My kids both really enjoyed this craft and made several trees.

What you will need:

Heavy green cardstock or cardboard cut into triangles (If using cardboard have the kids paint the triangles green)
Clothespins
A package of sequins
Glitter glue
Markers
Foam or other Christmas stickers

After the trees have been decorated clip a clothespin on the bottom of each tree for the tree trunks.



I saw this idea on www.kraftykid.com. The shaving cream mixture dries puffy. My kids both enjoyed this craft as well. Here is what you will need:

Heavy blue card stock paper
Shaving Cream
White Elmer's glue
Black and orange card stock for the nose, eyes, hat, and pieces of coal
Markers

Directions:

Mix equal parts of the shaving cream and glue. Mix well. I had the kids draw an outline of a snowman with a pencil first and then gave them foam paint brushes to fill it in with the mixture. Then I cut out black hats and orange noses. I used a hole punch for the eyes and pieces of coal. After the mixture dried they glued on the hat, eyes, pieces of coal and nose. Then they decorated their pictures with markers.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I love them both! Thanks! I will have to get some materials together this afternoon for Maddie to get crafting!

rad6 said...

those snowmen are frameable!!!! I would keep them as decor! SO cute!!!
Thanks for the idea.

Jody said...

What a fun idea! I can't believe how cute the snowman turned out. Thanks for sharing!

Valerie said...

Thanks for posting these ideas! I needed something to do with my son's class. I think those little snowmans will be perfect! I have filed this at thecraftersfilebox.com.

Thanks so much! :)

Sherri Jorgensen said...

Thank you for the great ideas!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love the snowman idea! I am featuring it on somewhatsimple AND TipJunkie this Friday. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rachel@AllFreeHolidayCrafts said...

Such a fun idea! I just posted a link to your site:

http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Winter-Crafts-for-Kids/Shaving-Cream-Snowman

Please let me know if it's okay for me to link to your projects like this in the future.

Thanks!
Rachel

Diatomaceous Earth said...

What a great idea and your execution was amazing. So inspirational. Definitely trying this with my kiddos this week!

Amber said...

How long does the snowman take to dry? Thinking about doing it for a class party, but want to make sure the kids can take them home

Anonymous said...

I did this craft with my daycare kids and it was so much fun, we used real buttons and small twigs from the yard for arms, and we made scarfs from pipecleaners.

Abhijit Sarkar said...

awesome blog, and the article is very instructional too. I was looking for some craft ideas and this is the final destination where i found the right thing.