Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dinosaur Themed Storytime

Dino Dig Cupcakes

I saw this idea on a blog called Fun Snacks 4 Kids. I thought this was a cute idea and had to try it out. I picked up a few dinosaur books from the library and turned it into a Storytime activity. My kids LOVED this! The books were cute too. The books are by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.

DINO DIG CUPCAKES

You will need to buy small plastic dinosaurs and wash them. Then prepare a chocolate cake mix for cupcakes. You could also bake a cake and put several dinosaurs inside. I used a jumbo sized muffin pan and filled each muffin cup 1/3 full. Then I placed a plastic dinosaur in each cup and covered with more batter to about 3/4's full. Don't worry the dinosaurs won't melt. After the cupcakes have cooled give each child two popsicle sticks and let them pretend to be a paleontologist and dig the dinosaurs out.