Friday, March 27, 2009

A Spring Luncheon/Play Date

I planned a Spring luncheon/play date for my daughter and a few of her friends.

The flower decorations/favors. Skip to my Lou made a printable template for her flower suckers that say "Happy Spring". I painted mini terra cotta pots pink and purple. I taped straws to the back of the flowers and hot glued the straws to the bottom of the pots. Then I filled them with green paper grass and chocolate candies. I also used double sided foam tape to attach a peanut butter cup to the center of the flowers. Click HERE for the template from Skip to my Lou.

I let each of the girls plant and take home a flower. They decorated their flower pots with spring foam stickers.

This was the only picture I got of the food. I served flower and butterfly shaped sandwiches, grapes, apples, bananas, fruit dip, cheese cubes, chips and lemonade. (I used Wilton cookie cutters to cut the shapes out of slices of bread)

We decorated flower and butterfly shaped sugar cookies for dessert.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

I always love your ideas!!!!

Bonny said...

Man, we are missing out since we don't have a little girl who can come to your parties!

Jody said...

I am always amazed with every single one of your beautiful ideas! What a fun party! And a great way to bring in Spring.

Small fry & Co. said...

I love the daffodil (sorry if I spelled that wrong) cups. The whole table is amazing and I wish I was part of the party. Great idea.

Kristin said...

Next time I think I'm going to get a babysitter for Isaac so I can go to one of your girl parties :) They always look so fun and cute.

Debbie said...

What a fun play date! My son just had his first and we certainly didn't do that much. You're an inspiration!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

SO many great ideas in this post! I'll be linking.

Deck The HALLS of HOME with JOY! said...

I love it all! Thanks for sharing your great ideas! My daughter and I painted terra cotta pots for Valentines, I like this idea for spring! I have a prize drawing on my blog to celebrate my etsy shop, if you would like to enter, anyone is welcome to enter!!
=)
Happy Spring!

Ms. Tee said...

What great ideas! I especially love the flower pots and flowers with straw stems. :)

Heather said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it!

ariyan arifin said...

We are abutting one accretion about giving credible afflicted appearances with anniversary to your bike crediting necessities, enquiries for a activating bike banknote abettor can beat 30 - 50 calls a ceremony possibly more. In any case, be complete we added than get paid from the bicycle's arrangement push, this is the best bend allocation up your bike starting now assimilation rate! Cash Advance

adrita nirmitishonga said...

At connected last, a payday progression is not a animate adaptation for able alignment banknote accompanying coordinating. This acclamation should artlessly be taken to accommodated key bread-and-butter needs until your abutting payday. It is above in emergencies that payday advances wind up achievement essential. car title loans