Friday, March 27, 2009

A Spring Luncheon/Play Date

I planned a Spring luncheon/play date for my daughter and a few of her friends.

The flower decorations/favors. Skip to my Lou made a printable template for her flower suckers that say "Happy Spring". I painted mini terra cotta pots pink and purple. I taped straws to the back of the flowers and hot glued the straws to the bottom of the pots. Then I filled them with green paper grass and chocolate candies. I also used double sided foam tape to attach a peanut butter cup to the center of the flowers. Click HERE for the template from Skip to my Lou.

I let each of the girls plant and take home a flower. They decorated their flower pots with spring foam stickers.

This was the only picture I got of the food. I served flower and butterfly shaped sandwiches, grapes, apples, bananas, fruit dip, cheese cubes, chips and lemonade. (I used Wilton cookie cutters to cut the shapes out of slices of bread)

We decorated flower and butterfly shaped sugar cookies for dessert.