Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Teddy Bear Picnic

When I found out I was going to be watching my friend's daughters during lunch time I decided to put together a teddy bear picnic for the girls. I already had most everything on hand so it was pretty easy to put together. I checked out some teddy bear themed books from the library to read to the girls during the picnic.
I found a picture of a teddy bear under google images. I used it to create place cards, napkin rings and cupcake toppers. This was quick and easy.

I went the easy route and bought some cupcakes from the grocery store. For the cupcake toppers I used my cricut machine to cut the circles out and then taped them to toothpicks.

I cut teddy bear shapes out of bread with a cookie cutter for the sandwiches. I also served fruit, chips, mini teddy grahams, and lemonade.

After the picnic I took the girls on a bear hunt. They got lucky and found some teddy bears hiding under a tree. I put a little teddy bear and a lip gloss necklace in a bag for each of the girls. I bought the teddy bears on clearance after Valentine's Day. I already had the lip gloss necklaces and bags in my party supply drawer. I love to keep things on hand for last minute occasions like this!

In our play room I set up a table and covered it with blankets to make a bear cave for the girls to play in. I also printed some pictures of a teddy bear having a picnic for them to color. This was a fun afternoon.