Thursday, May 28, 2009

M&M Cookies

I have been looking for a good M&M cookie recipe for awhile now. I finally found a recipe that I love! These cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. I made these with my kids for our cooking class today. They loved pushing the M&M's into the cookie dough. I also think these would be fun to make into cookie pops by placing sucker sticks or popsicle sticks under the dough before baking them. Then you could put them into clear bags and tie them with colorful ribbons or curling ribbons.

1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups M&M's

Blend shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in half of candies. drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate cookies with remaining candies.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. I cook mine until the edges are light brown and then let them sit on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.