Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Watermelon Sugar Cookies

I saw this idea at a grocery store. I thought my kids would have fun making these for our cooking class. They were super easy to make. We just added green gel food coloring to the sugar cookie dough and red gel food coloring to the frosting. Then I let the kids sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the frosting to make the watermelon seeds. I always save leftover cookie dough for my kids to play with when we make sugar cookies. I always have a big mess to clean up but they love it. I think these cookies would be fun to make for a picnic.

* To make these even easier you could buy a sugar cookie mix and canned frosting.

14 comments:

The Harris Family said...

these are so cute! I can't wait to try them.

Kelly said...

I love these! My daughter looking over my shoulder just told me we have to make these NOW. Thanks so much for sharing! God bless.

Kelli said...

This is the first "treat" that I am going to cook when we move into our new house! They are THE CUTEST cookies I've ever seen.

Rainy Day Farm said...

That is such a cute idea! I am going to have to make that with my kids this summer. They would love it. Thanks for sharing all of you great ideas. I always am so inspired by your blog. Keep up the good work!

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

These are so cute. I am doing a post with a watermelon theme soon so I will link this to it. Thanks for sharing!

Bonny said...

Those are adorable!!! You should bring them on Tuesday. :)

Small fry & Co. said...

Love these. They will be a hit at our watermelon festival in Sept.
Thanks.

Cascia said...

Those cookies look pretty cool! You have a great blog here. Have a wonderful weekend.

Rebecca is Thrilled by the Thought said...

Just found your site through 5 Minutes for Mom. These are adorable and they look so easy. I can't wait to try them!

Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary said...

This is such a cute idea. I can not wait to try them out.

Kaibee said...

Awesome..I'll certainly be trying these!

Megan said...

These cookies were the highlight of our summer party! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Kaitlyn said...

They look so good! I can't wait to make them!

Miss Jan said...

My Daycare Pre K class is doing a Watermelon theme this week so they are a must do!!!