Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rice Krispy Kisses

I saw this idea on Roots and Wings Co. and had to try it out. This was a fun activity to do with my kids. I let my son make the Rice Krispie mixture and then we greased some funnels and pressed the mixture into them. You can use the same funnel to make multiple kisses. Once the kisses set up we wrapped them in tin foil. I typed some messages in word perfect and then printed them and cut them out. We stuck these in the top of the tin foil. You could make these for any occasion. I typed I Love You!, XOXO, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Here is the original Rice Krispies treat recipe:

3 Tbsp butter or margarine
1o oz package of regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies

In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.


Note: I bought a 3 pack of funnels from the Dollar Tree