Friday, October 23, 2009

Cookies For Santa Kit




This is another idea I came up with for my Super Saturday class. I think this would be a fun gift to give to friends with little kids. I put this kit together in September. I had a hard time finding Christmas sprinkles or scrapbook papers so I just had to use what I could find. I am sure you will have a lot more options closer to Christmas time.

Here is what you will need:

1 large clear paint can (I bought mine at Micheal's for $4.99 and used a 40% off coupon)
Red or green shredded paper (I bought a bag at the Dollar Tree, it goes a long way)
1 sugar cookie mix
1 can of frosting
Some sprinkles (I used red and green sugar crystals)
1 or 2 cookie cutters
Ribbon
Scrapbook paper (optional)

Place some shredded paper in the bottom of the paint can. Cut out and wrap some scrapbook paper around the can of frosting and sprinkles. Place the sugar cookie mix, can of frosting, sprinkles, and cookie cutter into the paint can. The bag of sugar cookie mix will need to be folded over at the top to fit in. Secure the lid and cut out some matching scrapbook paper to attach to the top of the lid. Finish it off by tying some ribbon around the paint can.

I created a label in paint shop pro using some clip art from www.pccrafter.com. The clip art is from the Santa's Elfers collection.