Friday, October 23, 2009

Cookies For Santa Kit




This is another idea I came up with for my Super Saturday class. I think this would be a fun gift to give to friends with little kids. I put this kit together in September. I had a hard time finding Christmas sprinkles or scrapbook papers so I just had to use what I could find. I am sure you will have a lot more options closer to Christmas time.

Here is what you will need:

1 large clear paint can (I bought mine at Micheal's for $4.99 and used a 40% off coupon)
Red or green shredded paper (I bought a bag at the Dollar Tree, it goes a long way)
1 sugar cookie mix
1 can of frosting
Some sprinkles (I used red and green sugar crystals)
1 or 2 cookie cutters
Ribbon
Scrapbook paper (optional)

Place some shredded paper in the bottom of the paint can. Cut out and wrap some scrapbook paper around the can of frosting and sprinkles. Place the sugar cookie mix, can of frosting, sprinkles, and cookie cutter into the paint can. The bag of sugar cookie mix will need to be folded over at the top to fit in. Secure the lid and cut out some matching scrapbook paper to attach to the top of the lid. Finish it off by tying some ribbon around the paint can.

I created a label in paint shop pro using some clip art from www.pccrafter.com. The clip art is from the Santa's Elfers collection.

13 comments:

Jenglamgirl said...

Oh my goodness, I see those cute paint cans all the time at the craft store. There are so many cute things you can do with them. This idea is darling, I may have to do that for some fam., friends, or neighbors.. thanks!

Tiffany said...

I love that for families with little ones! So cute! Thanks for the great idea.

Sara said...

Thank you for sharing this fabulous gift idea. Love the way you packaged it! Are you selling the labels you created? If so, please let me know how I can order them.

Morgan said...

Thanks for the idea! I'm definitely going to try to make one. It's adorable. I know that my nephew will love it.

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Very cute! And I am just starting to think about Christmas!

Jadi said...

Sara,

I am in the process of starting an Etsy store. It will probably be another month or two before I get it up and going. I will make sure to add some labels for this kit. I am glad you liked it!

Laine said...

love love love these kit ideas! More please!!

Erica said...

So cute! I can't wait to make some of these for gifts! Love all of your ideas :)

rad6 said...

so cute. love the clear paint can... haven't seen those.
Sweet!
oh the possiblities.

The Kijowski Family said...

Jadi,

I love all your creative ideas and have copied many of them. Is there any way that you could post your clipart for the the paint cans that you are doing. I am a great copier - just not creative on the computer. I know you are busy - whenever you have time.

marko said...

This is not all the administration that you get when you utilize a dependable office for Auto Title Loans Los angeles say that you ought to search for organizations that offer assistance in distinctive courses from the minute you ask for a credit till the minute you clear all your installment. Numerous organizations offer to guide borrowers regulated, exhorting them on approaches to deal with their cash in a suitable way so that the credit is paid back at the appropriate time without defaulting. cash advance chicago

Justin said...

Try not to get sucked into this offer since then you'll be utilizing your Visa once more. Address them about how you've been so steady and incite in paying your bill every month. I sincerely didn't have any fortunes in this, however try it out, in light of the fact that you may have the right touch. cash advance

Paulo said...

The idea of advances goes back to the fogs of time, and reams of chronicled reports exist that do a reversal a large number of years. Be that as it may, the most seasoned accessible records could be found in Assyria and Babylonia where ranchers and brokers were given grain credits by the dealers of the time. usacheckcashingstore.com/san-diego